Tuesday 23 October 2007

Yes ballot boxes arriving...



The front page of Daily Express today says it all

My Say:

On Oct 5, in my posting, I said my well-informed source in Kuala Lumpur whispered to me that transparent ballot boxes were being packed in Port Klang to be sent to Sarawak and Sabah. I reported that the boxes are to arrive Kota Kinabalu on Oct 22. These new boxes, replacing the old metal boxes, will be used in the General Elections which I predicted will be on Nov 25 after the dissolution of Parliament and the State Legislative Assembly on Nov 9.

What I had posted is now confirmed. Sabah Election Commission director Haji Mohd Idrus Ismail confirmed that the boxes, some 3,262, are expected to arrive Friday (Oct 26) after similar consignment was delivered to Kuching, Sarawak.

Mohd Idrus also confirmed that appointed polling clerks from Sabah and Labuan had completed their training before the fasting month and that briefing to returning officers will be held anytime now.

As of June 30, there are 786,351 voters in Sabah compared to the 768,945 eligible to vote in the March 2004 general elections.

If not because of the weather, the boxes would had arrived Kota Kinabalu yesterday (Oct 22)as I had predicted two weeks ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

if election is held this november, looks like i'm going to miss the fun...

ALBERT ALEX GULABOK BINGKASAN said...

bro
its oct n nothing yet here
may be its nov
may be its march

Jaxon will miss the fun
I will be too busy then
so i too will miss the fun
ka ka ka

JBingkasan said...

come what may, the general elections will have to be held anyway. its always fun during elections in sabah, in all aspects, an event that always awaited by all.

i hope the road leading to my village will get attention this time around.

election is time for promises from politicians. if promises not fullfilled they will get a new title `YB Lulus'.

one of the assemblyman now has this YB Lulus title. During meet-the-people session, whatever the people asked, he will say `lulus' but that last term, now in second term, what he lulus still not lulus, hince the YB Lulus title.