Tuesday 26 February 2008

Alive In Memory

Today Feb 26, five years ago my/our loving mother passed away after a very short illness. I was then in Kuching, Sarawak where I was posted three years earlier as the New Straits Times' news editor for Sabah and Sarawak.

I was being informed/up-dated of mother's condition by my brothers and sisters as soon as she was admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in the evening. I could had flown back home the same night but there was no flight back to Kota Kinabalu.

About midnight, I was informed of mother's passing. The following day, I was on the first plane out of Kuching. Mother was laid to rest two days later.

Though five years had passed, alive are still the memory of mother's caring to me, my two brothers and three sisters and continued on to take care of my three sons and a daughter.

May she rest in peace forever.

No comments: