Monday 10 March 2008

Life must goes on

After casting my vote on Saturday morning (I was voter number 6 as I arrived early), I headed to a newspaper's office to keep tab of the elections' development in the country. I stayed on until 2.30am Sunday. I arrived home half an hour later to continue monitor the results of the elections on RTM 1. I went to bed at 7.30am and woke up 2.30pm and it was time to go to the newspaper's office again.

Yes, the people had made their voices known. The opposition was given the votes to deny the Barisan Nasional Government two-third majority in the 222 seats in Parlilment. BN secured 140 seats while the opposition Parti Keadilan Rakyat (31), DAP (28) and PAS (23). The opposition also toppled the BN State Government in Penang, Perak, Kedah, Selangor and kept Kelantan.

But it was a different scenario in Sabah, BN won 24 of the 25 MP seats and 59 of the 60 State seats. Datuk Seri Musa Haji Aman was sworn as Chief Minister before Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Ahmadshah Abdullah yesterday at Istana Kota Kinabalu.

The next thing that the people of Sabah will be waiting is the composition of the Sabah's Cabinet. Musa will be meeting Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawai, who was sworn in this morning, to discuss about the appointment of Ministers in the Sabah's Cabinet.


My Say:

Will the line-up will be still the 2004's faces?

1 comment:

remadel said...

Musa patut tukar semua kroni-kroni beliau yang sudah kenyang2...bagi muka baru, kalau tidak 2012, musa akan di hukum oleh "rakyat jelata" (bukanya PKR,DAP atau BEBAS)...