Sunday 14 October 2007

How times travels.....


Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Raymond Tan (centre) and JB at left. At right is KKJA chief Wong Bak Kion.

Last night I realised that I had been a journalist for more than 25 years. Looking back to all those years, I can not help but admitted that this line of work had given me satisfaction, not to mention the advantages that had made and will continue to fall on my life and that to my family. It was the `pen and reporter's notebook' that fed my family,put my four children through universities and built a house of my own without taking out a loan.

It is also this line of work that had given me opportunities to travel and work overseas.

Now I can proudly go and tell my many friends, who had look upon me as an outcast when I decided to quit as a teacher to go into journalism in 1978, that like teacher, journalist is also a noble profession.

And last night, I was one of the few who was honoured by the Kota Kinabalu Journalists Association with a branded watch and an appreciation certificate for having been more than 25 years in journalism, presented by Sabah Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Raymond Shu Kiah.

Last night was the association's 15th Anniversary cum Press Night 2007 which was held at the Port View Seafood Restaurant, Kota Kinabalu.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats JB. It has been a long journey indeed. 1978 seems like an ancient year...

JBingkasan said...

thanks Jaxon s. yes its been a long journey, a journey that will contnue...

northborneo said...

congratulation gumuk. been a long journey, but you still look like 40 plus, lah.

actually, i'm enjoying the work

JBingkasan said...

panjang, the attendance that night was overwhelming that i did not met or see you.

northborneo said...

family day mah....

ALBERT ALEX GULABOK BINGKASAN said...

big bro
congrats
u opened the way for the Bingkasans to walk the journalism path

its a great profession
now blogging is an expansion of that career

Praise God n count ur blessing