Wednesday 29 August 2007

No celebration on Sept 16

There will be no investiture ceremony on Sept 16, this year to recipients of State awards in conjunction with the Yang Dipertua Negeri's official birthday as well as Malaysia Day celebrations.

The State Cabinet, in its weekly meeting today, decided to postpone the ceremony and celebration of the Head of State's birthday to Oct 27 due to the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.

Sept 16 will still remain a Public Holiday and as it fall on a Sunday, Monday will be a rest day as well.

My Say:

The Sept 16 investiture ceremony is always held at Istana Kota Kinabalu. Last year I received my award from Yang Dipertua Negeri Tun Ahmadshah Abdullah. The award, Ahli Setia Darjah Kinabalu (ASDK) was bestowed on me in 1997 while I was in London.

Although ASDK, the third highest State Award, it does not carry any title.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i haven't receive my adk :)

JBingkasan said...

jaxon

youn can always get it when you return to Sabah. my asdk was waiting for me to collet at Istana Kota Kinabalu for nine years