Sunday 12 August 2007

Karim Sulaiman


Kajai award-winning journalist Sdr Karim Sulaiman is 46 year old today (Aug 12). A special friend who together with his wife Siti Hawa and their children were my adopted family while we were on our tour of duties in Europe based in London 10 years ago. Sdr Karim was full of life then pulling me along to almost every corners of UK for our assignment.

And on our return to Malaysia, I was posted to Kota Kinabalu and Kuching while Sdr Sulaiman went back to Kuala Lumpur. Not long he contracted a disease, a rare skin disease called SCLEROMYXOEDERMA which make his skin tout, stiffen his joints.

Last December (2006), his weight went down to just 35kg which is just a quarter of him 10 years ago. Today, thank God, I was told he had gained weight - 50kg. And he is now able to move around unaided, clear speech.

Sdri Siti Hawa and children, my wife Mary and children Leslie, Lester, Lesser and Clarice join me in wishing Sdr Karim a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

No comments: