Thursday 6 September 2007

Why?

My Say:

Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah, is 1,018 miles from Kuala Lumpur, 1,192 miles from Penang and 897 miles from Johor Bahru. Sabah, like the other Malaysian's State in Borneo, Sarawak, are separated from Peninsula Malaysia by the South China Sea.

Looking at the physical separation, I can not help but believed that it is among the reasons that leaders and the people in Peninsula Malaysia sometimes do not really understand or care the feelings of the people of Sabah and Sarawak.

There are lots of differences between Sabah/Sarawak and Peninsula Malaysia in all aspects. The lists will go on forever. The people of Sabah and Sarawak are not asking too much, just respect us a we respect all Malaysians irrespective of which States they come from.

I do have feelings, feeling of wanting to be respected of my race, culture and religion. Just because I have `Bin' between my name and that of my father does not make me a Muslim. No one should look upon me for eating noodles in Chinese shop. No one should asked for my MyKad to confirm my religion. No one............

3 comments:

northborneo said...

hello, gumuk. do you still remember more than 10 years ago, both of us was in KL during Puasa time, and we have the "cha Sui" rice at a restaurant near Sungai Wang Plaza main entrance. that was fun, i still can remember how the shop keepers and customers look at you.

ALBERT ALEX GULABOK BINGKASAN said...

big bro
thats y am in politics
but its a tiring journey

may not do much (and other people will not even notice what i do)
but am determine to put my two cents

we do what we can

JBingkasan said...

panjang, I never forget that incident in Sungai Wang Plaza. some of the customers even look what I was eating. there was one restaurant in Pandan Indah who just refused to serve me just because of my look.

AB, it a long journey but with determination the target is within reach.