Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Seri Haji Yahya Hussin Tuesday said the Sabah Government has not been officially been informed by the Federal Government about any long-term plan to give Permanent Residence status to Filipino refugees holding IMM13 (temporary pass issued by the Immigration Department) holders in Sabah.
Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Aziz had on Monday told Parliament that Filipinos having IMM13 will eventually made PR.
In another development, Minister in the Sabah Chief Minister's Department Datuk Seri Haji Nasir Tun Sakaran refuted claimed that the on-going re-examining and verification of IMM13 held by Filipinos had connection with what Nazri had said in Parliament.
Nasir said the exercise, which will continue until end of the year, was to verify the IMM13 and those genuine holders wouold eventually be accorded PR status by the relevant authorities.
And yet in another development, contrary to what had been fed to the people of the Land Below the Wind, there are actually 34 settlement schemes for Filipino refugees in Sabah and Labuan of which three of them are within the Kota Kinabalu City, one at neighbouring Kinarut.
There are 11 within the Sandakan municipality, Tawau municipility (four), Semporna (four) and Lahad Datu (four).
There are seven such scheme in the Federal Territory of Labuan.
These are based on a 2002 report from the Federal Task Force for Sabah and Labuan obtained by Professor Dr Azizah Kassim and was reported to Parliament by its lawmaker from Tuaran Datuk Wilfred Madius Tangau on June 20, 2007.
Yes, so many coincidences/confusion but as always five and five togather made a ten.