Thursday 23 October 2008

King of the road


I was driving from Kimanis toward Papar when suddenly this round-timber laden logging truck(pix) appeared from a junction just after the roundabout junction to Keningau. The car moving from the opposite direction was dwarfed by the truck.

Obviously this truck was over-loaded and had escaped from the eyes of the authorities.

I was able to take this photograph with by small but trusted Sony digital camera while driving as the truck was moving slowly.

I remained driving behind hoping that the truck would move on and passed by the Road Transport Department station down the road. But with the RTD station in sight, the truck turned right moving on to a junction and disappeared into the dusty road.

Having my breakfast in a coffeeshop in Papar town, I asked a customer who joined me about logging trucks on the road. He told me that for them such a sight was common, especially before 8am.

"They will be the king of the road at night," he said.




No comments: