Wednesday 20 August 2008

Musa Aman: Nothing to do with me

"I would like to stress here that I have no political and financial connection with this man," Sabah Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Haji Aman said of a posting HERE linking him with a Sabahan businessman arrested in Hongkong last Thursday for alleged money trafficking and laundering.

"He is not my nominee and I have no nominee," Musa, Who is also Sabah Finance Minister.

"I know him and as Chief Minister of Sabah I meet a lot of friends and I have many friends," he said when asked by reporters whether he knew Michael Chia as the businessman named in the report.

Malaysia Today quoted a close source of the Hongkong police and Interpol that they had monitored the person's activities for three months.

The reported stated that the businessman who was reported to have had his Malaysian passport impounded was nabbed together with Singapore worth RM16 million inside his baggage while trying to board a flight to Kuala Lumpur at the Chejk Lap Kok Airport.

No comments: