Press Statement by YB Datuk Eric Majimbun
MP for Sepanggar/ Deputy President of Sabah Progressive Party
26 August 2008
CONVENTION ON SABAH ISSUES
1. About 1,200 people are expected to attend the Convention on Sabah Issues to be held at the Putera Theatre Ballroom in Kota Kinabalu on August 30, from 12.30 pm to 4.30 pm.
2. Organizing Chairman, Datuk Eric Majimbun, said the current political development in the country had prompted SAPP to organize this convention.
3. This convention is a follow up to a Special Committee chaired by Majimbun which was set for the purpose of collecting, compiling and analyzing issues submitted by the people.
4. The convention will provide an opportunity for views and recommendations to be expressed by the people. The views will be compiled into a document for endorsement by other political parties, organizations and individuals paving the way for it to be adopted as a roadmap for Sabah towards establishing a trustworthy government and a progressive, just and harmonious society.
5. We feel it is important during this critical period for the people to re-connect with the history of Sabah¡¯s independence, the position of Sabah as a state within the Federation of Malaysia as well as the current economic condition of the State.
Among the speakers will be former Chief Minister Datuk Harris Salleh.
Below is the full text of the statement.