In conjunction with Malaysia Day on Sept 16, the United Sabah Dusun Assoication (USDA) is hosting a Malaysia Day Count Down ceremony at Padang Selupuh, Tuaran beginning 8pm on Sept 15, 2009.
USDA president Datuk Kalakau Untol is inviting Sabahans who envisage - Changes for Politics - System of Government - to attend the function.
1. Parti Keadilan Rakyat national Vice-President Datuk Dr Jeffrey Kitingan will speaks on the 20 Points, the foundation on which the people of Sabah stand in agreeing to be partner together with Sarawak, Singapore and Federation of Malaya to form a new nation, Malaysia, on Sept 16, 1963.
2. Sabah veteran politician Datuk Haji Karim Ghani will talk on System of Government.
3. Sabah senior lawyer Haji Ansari Abdullah is to speak on Judiciary Abuses.
4. Lawmaker (MP Tuaran) Datuk Wilfred Mojilip Bumburing will speak on Future Challenges for the People of Sabah.
5. Kalakau, a former lawmaker and ex-Federal Deputy Minister, will talk on Patriotism.
This is the first time that an event of this nature is being organised by USDA in conjunction with the day in which the people of Sabah celebrates the day on which the Federation of Malaysia was born46 years ago.
Malaysia celebrates Merdeka on Aug 31 which will be a Public Holiday nationwide. Sabah will observes Sept 16 as Public Holiday, also to celebrate the official birthday of the Yang di-Pertua Negeri.
Happy Malaysia Day. Merdeka, Merdeka, Merdeka!!!